Looks like a miracle happened. My dog, Charlie, is doing better, his cytology test came back clean–no cancer. So, it might have been a bug bite. Makes me appreciate him even more because I feel like I got a second chance.
Now, back to business…..
While all of the worry and stress about his living or not was going on, I decided to do something about my weight plateau. My body does not do well on carbs and wants to gain weight easily (with having fibromyalgia and hypothyroidism). So, I had to get closer to 50g of carbs per day because closer to 100g per day, was putting the weight SLOWLY back on. So, this is what I did to break it and so far, since Sunday, down 2 1/2 pounds. I am 5 pounds from goal.
1. Lots of sugar-free fluids.
2. Only proteins at breakfast and for snacks. I was having eggs and omelettes with mushrooms, spinach and some low-fat cheese. I was also having protein shakes that were low carb. So, basically for breakfast, snack, after lunch snack–hardly any carbs. For lunch, salad with meat and a few veggies and same for dinner. I would allow myself to have either two tablespoons of almond butter on two squares of low-carb chocolate https://skinny-rules.com/2013/04/26/power-crunch-choklat-is-da-low-carb-bomb/ or a small Carbolite (low-carb frozen desert) a few hours after dinner.
3. I made a lot of things that are protein-based to keep me happy. I cooked taco seasoned ground turkey, turkey sausages, almond crusted chicken https://skinnyrulesdotcom.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=1904&action=edit&message=6&postpost=v2
4 One piece of fruit or small bowl of berries.
5. Thank God for coffee (remember to use non-dairy creamer instead of milk).
6. Don’t forget take vitamins including minerals, especially potassium and Omega 3 fish tabs.
7. Exercise. Pilates, elliptical, walking the dog–what ever it takes!
8. Sacrifices on the more carby protein things until you break your plateau.
Hello, just wanted to say, I enjoyed this article.
It was helpful. Keep on posting!