How to Stick with a Low-Carb Diet
Sticking with your low-carb diet is much easier if you set yourself up for success. You have to prepare yourself and your kitchen for a low-carb lifestyle.
The following list of six items can help you realize your goals:
- Set your kitchen up for success. You must always have low-carb foods around, ready to eat. Remove and keep away irresistible temptations.
- Avoid excessive hunger. Eat befoe you’re starving. Eat your proteins every 3-4 hours before it is hard to make a good decision when you are ravenous.
- Prepare snacks in grab-and-go sizes. Make prepackaged snacks from cut-up veggies, nuts, meats, cheeses. Buy and bring low-fat Greek yogurt cups, protein bars or drinks and measured fruit.
- Eat a variety of foods. Make sure you eat a variety of foods for better nutrition–fruit two times a day, veggies two times a day, salad two times a day, protein 6 times a day.
- Find activities and exercises that you enjoy. If you find something you really enjoy, you’re more apt to do it every day. If you’re social, find friends to walk with (running club, Zumba, Pilates or yoga class, spinning, etc). If you like to exercise along, make and plan that time. Make your workout personal.
- Forgive yourself when you fail. Everyone experiences a setback from time to time. Don’t use it as an excuse to give up completely. Figure out where you went wrong and start again.