Have you ever noticed how easy it is to make excuses for your not losing weight or keeping it off? Days come, days go and you are still waiting for the magic right moment. Or you gained a few and you are waiting to work those few off.
I certainly have had my own excuses. Here is the deal. If you want to lose weight, you have to get your butt in gear and stop the excuses. Ask yourself what you are doing to stop yourself from losing and find a way around it.
1. “I just can’t do it.” (But, yes you can!)
2. “My body is holding onto fat and won’t lose weight.” (Go see your doctor and find out if there is a problem, not just assume it!”
3. “I don’t have time right now.” (Cut something out that you don’t have to do to find the time.)
4. “I am too stressed.” (Exercise will help your stress, and you will lose weight, so that is just an excuse because there will always be a reason to wait!)
10 Things You Can and Should Do to Lose Weight:
(Rules that skinny people follow)
1. Figure out what protein snacks you need to bring with you during the day so that you are eating small protein foods every 3-4 hours. If you let your body go without food for too long, then it goes into starvation mode and holds onto the weight longer. I bring small individual bags of nuts or low-carb protein bars.
2. Eat a breakfast every morning. In a hurry, I grab a hard-boiled egg that I buy pre-done from Costco or Trader Joes. Not in a hurry, I make some eggs with cheese in the AM. Doesn’t take long and it is filling.
3. Bring non sugary fluids with you and fill up on fluids all day long.
4. Prepare earlier the night before or on weekends to have breakfast, lunch and dinner foods and bring them with you for lunch or to work or after if you don’t have the money to eat out somewhere where you CHOOSE healthy proteins, salads and vegetables for a meal–and it has to be the right proportion of food (4 ounces of meat), handful of veggies. You can also have two small servings of fruit per day, but keep in mind that some fruits are higher in carbs (bananas) and some are lower in carbs (berries/citrus’).
5. Eat 6 small proteins per day. Eat two small servings of fruits per day and 4 small servings of vegetables per day.
6. Avoid sugar and high carbs and keep carbs down (between 50 to 100g of carbs per day).
7. Read labels of things before you eat them.
8. Exercise! Get in at least 30 minutes, 3 times per week and more if you can do it.
9. If stressed, don’t eat food, go for a walk, have a drink with no sugar/carbs. Or talk to someone.
10. Put yourself first for half an hour per day. Learn to cut down on something each day to get in the exercise. I have put off folding laundry to get in some time on the elliptical. The laundry can wait, but not your weight!
No more excuses: MOTIVATE and start now. Anytime is a great time to start!