If you want to get and stay skinny, you have to get your brain to help you in the quest to feel full and not overeat. As you have heard before, breakfast is THE most important meal of the day. You will also have MORE energy to do things throughout the day.
There has been a study. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/03/130326151127.htm
“The consumption of the high-protein breakfast led to increased fullness or “satiety” along with reductions in brain activity that is responsible for controlling food cravings. The high-protein breakfast also reduced evening snacking on high-fat and high-sugar foods compared to when breakfast was skipped or when a normal protein, ready-to-eat cereal breakfast was consumed,” according to Assistant Professor, Heather Leidy.
“Eating a protein-rich breakfast impacts the drive to eat later in the day, when people are more likely to consume high-fat or high-sugar snacks,” Leidy said. “These data suggest that eating a protein-rich breakfast is one potential strategy to prevent overeating and improve diet quality by replacing unhealthy snacks with high quality breakfast foods.
Examples of Protein Rich Breakfasts:
- Poached organic eggs with smoked salmon, avocado and salad
- Boiled organic eggs with cold cuts of meat and salad
- Lightly scrambled eggs with organic bacon and salad
- Leftover dinner
- Meat and nuts
- Protein smoothies (see the protein power example in this article)
- Full fat organic yogurt with fruit and nuts
- Canadian bacon, or any other bacon.
- two tablespoons of a nut butter
Cereal and wheats/grains are NOT a protein rich breakfast, so you will be triggered to eat more later. Lindora.com sells high protein pancakes, if you are so inclined once in awhile!