I talked to a lady today who is trying to follow the diet and she seemed upset because she was busy over the holiday and then didn’t have time to shop or prep for what she needed for the diet.
Ok, so I am going to dedicate today’s blog to her.
Everyone falls off of the wagon. There just are those times! What do you do when you fall off? You get right back on! Sometimes stress triggers it, self-esteem issues, dining out with people, special holidays, eating on the go, craving sweets, etc. But, even so, never give up!
But, this time you have to be more prepared, so you can immediately get back on the wagon– and there are easy ways to do that!
I wrote a blog awhile ago about what proteins you could eat so you wouldn’t get bored with your food choices. You need to keep things that you can eat in the house and your drawer at work, so that if you do fall off of the wagon, you can get back on. But, if you really want to follow your diet, you need to work hard to prepare yourself in advance of an event or holiday. You also should have food items to bring with you when you leave the house or have at home, if you can’t leave the house.
BLOGS YOU SHOULD READ TO HELP YOU AND YOUR WAGON:
1. Fast food that you can eat out. https://skinny-rules.com/2012/10/16/6fastfoodchoices/
2. Low-carb food fixes for a sweet tooth. https://skinny-rules.com/2012/10/09/10-sweet-tooth-fixes/
3. My ideas on the dangers of being unprepared for your next day: https://skinny-rules.com/2012/10/06/prepping-for-your-next-day-with-the-low-carb-food-pyramid/
4. Top 20 protein ideas to keep in the house. https://skinny-rules.com/2012/09/29/top20snacks/
YOU MUST BE PREPARED AT ALL TIMES IN A DIET!
Of all of my suggestions, here are 9 food items (proteins) that you can buy and store in your house or work that will keep for awhile.
1. Nature Valley Protein Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter bar is low carb and high protein. I have seen them at Costco, Smart and Final and Target and even Amazon. THEY ARE DELISH!
2. Power Cruch Protein bar, all flavors. High protein and low carb. I have seen them sold cheaper on Vitacost.com. But, they are at Smart and Final and Trader Joes.
3. Other bars of your choice that are low carb, high protein. Even Lindora.com has some good ones.
4. Low carb protein drinks. My favorite is at Trader Joes. They are low in carbs, high in protein.
5. Nuts and (sunflower) seeds, although you need to measure them out because you can only have so many.
6. Peanut or other butter. 2 tablespoons should do it at 8g of carbs.
7. If necessary, a small cup or less of oatmeal. (watch the carb content)
8. Some low carb chocolate pudding snack packs keep in the fridge a long time. Some greek yogurts too.
9. Already boiled hard-boiled eggs that are sold in sealed bags, like at Trader Joes.
GET SHOPPING. PREPARE LIKE YOU WOULD FOR A DISASTER!