There are foods that are not only bad for your waistline, but also for your SKIN! The first three are not that bad for weight loss, but 4 through 7 are really bad!
1. Salt. It will leave you puffy around the eyes and keep water retention and a bloated look. It also is terrible for hypertension. Try to cut down on salt.
2. Shellfish. Shrimp, crab, lobster — and also certain leafy greens like seaweed and spinach — are naturally high in iodine, and a diet with too much of this element can lead to acne. Ok, this one is not high in carbs and you can maintain weight loss, but you could get acne.
3. Milk. There is a correlation with Milk and acne and rosacea, specifically skimmed milk. Now, milk is a protein and you must have it in small quantities over the day. Not bad on carbs, but it can cause skin issues.
4. High Glycemic Foods (starches like white breads, pastas and cakes, and even corn syrup) are best avoided for good skin and for weight loss. Foods that are considered high glycemic can cause rapid spikes in blood sugar. You also may find yourself breaking out after eating something like French fries, it may be due to the starchy insides of the fries.
5. Sugar. If starchy foods that break down quickly into sugar are an issue, it’s no surprise that straight sugar can be problematic for the skin in much the same way. High blood sugar can , weaken the skin by affecting tissues like collagen, and leave you more vulnerable to lines and wrinkles. It also causes a surge of carbs in your diet.
6. Alcohol. Not only does it trigger rosacea, but Alcohol is a diuretic, which means the more you drink, the more dehydrated you become. It saps the natural moisture from your skin as well, which can make those wrinkles and fine lines look worse. Plus, alcohol has carbs and is terrible for weight loss. You also don’t burn fat when your body is busy burning off the alcohol.